While it is true that there are several options out there when it comes to straightening your teeth, Invisalign® has been chosen over and over again because of its comfort, ease, and appearance. Here at Sherman Oaks in Naperville, our cosmetic dentist office offers this clear alternative to braces for a wide range of age groups and has seen effective results in almost every case.
Invisalign is sweeping across the world of dentistry as one of dentists and patients favorite choices for cosmetic teeth straightening. Invisalign is named after its feeling and appearance of being invisible. This, along with its flexibility and results, are only a part of what make it the top choice among dentists. Still need more convincing? Check out this list of the top 7 reasons people are choosing Invisalign:
- The aligners are virtually invisible, providing you with confidence in your smile at every stage.
- The aligners can be removed and cleaned easily and regularly
- There are little to no restrictions on what you can and cannot eat
- No poking of wires, tightening of brackets, and unattractive metal mouth pieces
- Brushing and flossing is as easy as ever with no special equipment needed
- Visits are only required every four to six weeks
- The smooth, clear plastic is molded specifically to your teeth, providing a comfortable, barely-there fit.
What does the Process look like?
The process of straightening your teeth with Invisalign is incredibly easy and can be summarized in six simple steps.
- Meet with your dentist to discuss treatment: Our dentists at Sherman Oaks are fully trained and equipped to provide you with an Invisalign treatment. We will answer any questions you may have, discuss the outcomes of treatment, talk about cost, and prepare you to move forward with the process.
- Examine your teeth: Through a series of pictures, impressions, and X-rays, we will examine your teeth–where they currently are and discuss your personal goals for your smile.
- Create a plan for treatment: Using the information we have gathered through pictures and x-rays, we will be able to map out the exact movement of your teeth and the process of straightening. At this point we will be able to provide you with an estimate of the length of time required to meet your goal.
- Receive your personalized aligners and start the treatment: Once we have established our steps, your comfortable, clear aligners will be created and ready for use. After just two weeks you will notice a shift in the alignment of your teeth, while others won’t even notice your aligners at all.
- Every two weeks, advance onto the next stage of aligners: After approximately two weeks you will be able to move on to your next set and grow one step closer to the smile you desire.
- All done! Complete the process and maintain your beautiful smile: After your treatment is complete and you are confident in your smile, it is important to protect and maintain it. Continue proper dental hygiene habits and talk to your doctor about your next steps, if any, in maintaining your beautiful set of teeth.
How do I get started?
If Invisalign seems like the right fit for you, call our Naperville Cosmetic Dentist Office or visit our website today! Here at Sherman Oaks, we make your comfort and confidence our priority and we believe that Invisalign will provide you with the beautiful smile you have always wanted. So what are you waiting for? If you desire a straight and striking smile, without the wires and brackets of braces, talk to your dentist about what Invisalign can do for you.