Bee stings are either annoyingly painful or deadly, depending on if the victim is allergic to the venom or not.
Remove the sting. Use tweezers to pull it out or scrape it off with your fingernail, or a credit card. Do not attempt to press out the sting, as this will only help the poison spread under the skin.
Wash the bite with soap and water, then cool off the skin with ice cubes or an ice-pack that has been wrapped in a cloth or thin towel. Rest the affected area and elevate it if possible to prevent excessive swelling. Do this immediately after the victim has been stung. If necessary, use a painkilling cream or gel or an antihistamine to soothe the itch. If you or a member of your family are allergic to insect bites, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before going on holiday. They may tell you to take an antihistamine with you in tablet form; or Adrenaline or as an EpiPen injection. If so, make sure you ask how to use them correctly. Anyone who gets a rash or an itch requiring medical treatment, or who may simply feel unwell following a bite or sting should not drive, as there is a risk of passing out. If in doubt, consult your doctor.