At Sherman Oaks Dental, we place only white composite fillings. Here are a few important differences between white composite and silver amalgam fillings:
White composite fillings:
- only the decayed or damaged part of the tooth is removed
- material bonds to your tooth
- more appealing to the eye
Silver amalgam fillings:
- a greater amount of your tooth must be removed
- material is held in by retention
- can leak or discolor the surrounding tooth structure over time
As you can see, the mechanics of placing a silver amalgam filling is quite different from the placement of a white composite. Removing a greater amount of your tooth for placing a silver amalgam filling is one of the main reasons Dr. Bryan Weyneth places only tooth-colored, white composite fillings at Sherman Oaks Dental.
We recommend our patients educate themselves on the effects of silver amalgam fillings in their mouth. At Sherman Oaks Dental in Naperville, we strive for dental excellence and great patient care. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call (630) 369-5225.
Sherman Oaks Dental Naperville, Illinois has been providing family dental care for patients from Naperville, Wheaton, Lisle and surrounding Chicago areas for over two decades.