Good dental health is essential to overall health and well-being. But fear of dental work can be a major stumbling block to getting the dental work you need. Whether due to phobias or negative associations, many people are unwilling to visit a dentist’s office, even when it is absolutely necessary. If you suffer from dental fears and anxieties, you may have difficulty even making an appointment. Even sedation dentistry, which some find extremely helpful, can be frightening to others.
At Sherman Oaks, we want to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible in the chair, so that you can get the dental care you need to stay healthy. Dr. Weyneth is always ready and willing to address your fears. As much as possible, he and his staff will try to accommodate any requests you make to keep yourself comfortable and to feel in control. For example, we can:
- Talk to you about your fears and what is likely to aggravate them.
- Explain all the procedures and what we are about to do before we do it.
- Warn you of pain or discomfort.
- Establish a signal in case you want us to stop.
- Welcome a friend or family member who you may want to accompany you.
- Make room for comforting objects, music, or anything else you might bring to help you relax.
- Offer you nitrous oxide to help you stay calm.
No matter what your individual needs are, our primary goal is always to help you stay healthy and safe. Don’t be afraid to ask us for what you need. Every person in our office is ready and willing to help you so that you can have the easiest dental care experience possible.